August 18th, Dell released the Inspiron™ 11Z, their newest thin and light Inspiron laptop and their first CULV (Consumer Ultra Low Voltage) system. Dell developed the Inspiron 11z as the answer to customer feedback asking them “to design a netbook-like device with a netbook-ish price point that is capable of handling traditional laptop activities.”
The Inspiron™ 11z blends netbook-like portability with laptop-like capability. It weighs about 3 lbs. and is about an inch thin so it’s easy to carry and stay connected, yet has the capability to deliver smooth HD video playback, and battery life of more than three hours. The bigger difference is inside, or under the hood if you will. Whereas netbooks are based on the Intel Atom processor and feature minimal memory, the Inspiron™ 11z is based on the CULV processor family combined with more memory which delivers better performance.
*While the Inspriron™ 11z is excellent for mobile users or personal use, we do not recommend it as a desktop replacement for business use.
A pre-configured system for $399 features:
- Intel Celeron 723 processor (1.2GHz)
- 2GB memory
- 250GB hard Drive
- Built in Wi-Fi, 1.3MP Webcam
- 11.6-inch HD (1366×768) display (up to 70 percent more screen content than a netbook with a standard 1024×600 display)
- 28WHr battery with approximately 3 hours of battery life
- Windows Vista Home Premium WITH free upgrade kit to Windows 7
- And to paraphrase Henry Ford: you can get in and any color you like …as long as it’s Obsidian Black.
Kyvon is a Dell Reseller. Contact us today for pricing and details on your next business purchase.